How To Slow Down The Aging Process
If you are thinking about living to 100 while still at your healthy best, you may want to start following Dr. David Sinclair author of the newly published book Lifespan. David explores the many new strategies to slow aging including how we can use gene therapy to reprogram our cells to restore youth. The treatments although not ready for prime time are within reach but Sinclair offers tips on what can you do right now to start the process. In a recent interview with Katie Couric he offered five strategies and not surprising, four of the five address what and how we eat.
What are five things people can do right now to live a longer, healthier life?
1. Eat less often. Not starvation. Not malnutrition, But skip a meal each day and be a bit hungry.
2. Exercise until you are out of breath a few times a week.
3. Eat colored foods, don’t eat too much or too little of any one food group.
4. Keep my BMI optimal, which for me is 23–25.
5. Optimize your microbiome. I eat yogurt each morning that is a homemade (Bravo is bacterial culture, btw).
EH Nutrition LLC . 500 Mamaroneck Avenue Suite 320 . Harrison, NY 10528 . (914) 701-0012 . www.EHNutrition.com